Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

my mayytag Neptune (1996 model I think) stopped mid load with

my mayytag Neptune (1996 model I think) stopped mid load with error message LR. Model MAH5500BWW, Serial number 74901778ZY. I can't get a service appointment till next Tuesday. Anything I can do in meantime? I was washing a big load of towels. Thanks if you can help. OB OBrien

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning,LR is a locked rotor error, it means the motor and motor controller needs to be replaced. Maytag has redesigned the motor and controller. Drive Motor 12002039 Main Product View unfortunately theres nothing that can be done before a tech comes out short of you replacing this yourself. you might want to repair this yourself and save the labor cost. heres a link where you can order this if you wish, its up to you. The part alone is $232.00 so I'm not sure how much you want to spend. click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/12002039/949491?RCAID=1000065 I hope this helps, thanks , Bryan