Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

whirlpool side by side ice maker not making ice. there is power

whirlpool side by side ice maker not making ice. there is power to the ice maker. I can.t forced cycle does nothing and no lights on the ice sensor
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Those parts where the light is not blinking need to be replaced. Those parts are what tells the ice maker if the ice bin is full or not. If they are not working, and they are not then the ice maker will not move. Below is a link to a website I have used for a long time. They offer a year warranty and a no questions asked return policy. Click that and you can order them there if you would like. Be sure you unplug the refrigerator before you start, there will be an installation sheet that comes with the part. Change the parts and plug it in. Thats it, the ice maker will start when it is cold enough automatically.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Level-Control-Board/4389102/921526?RCAID=1000064

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
those boards are only 6 months old. what could make them go so quick
Wow Don, I don't know unless there was a power surge, they should have lasted a lot longer than that. They are only connected to the ice maker and the freezer door light switch and the line and neutral, that is all they connect to. That light should blink, it indicates either a fault code or that power is present and they are on.

Barry