John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

Kenmore 800 washer does not spin, agitate or drain.

Customer Question

Kenmore 800 washer does not spin, agitate or drain. All it does is fill with water. I have tried a different outlet, took out all clothes, drained water the best I could and bypassed lid switch. When I try to get it to do anything but fill it makes a humming noise for a second and does nothing. Our lights dim when it does this.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? The model should be located on a sticker below the lid down near the hinges (not on the lid itself but tucked up underneath the lid. The model should start with 110 . XXXXXXXXXXX).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
27831600
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You with me?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm going to try a different technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Kenmore 800 washer does not spin, agitate or drain. All it does is fill with water. I have tried a different outlet, took out all clothes, drained water the best I could and bypassed lid switch. When I try to get it to do anything but fill it makes a humming noise for a second and does nothing. Our lights dim when it does this. Optional Information: Brand: KenmoreType of Appliance: WasherModel Number: 800What have you tried so far?: Different outlet, emptied water out, bypassed lid switch.