Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a frigidaire gallery stove. The lock light is displayed

and so I cant use...
I have a frigidaire gallery stove. The lock light is displayed and so I cant use the burners.
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/20/2013
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
What is the model number of your unit, please?
I found this number on the back of the appliance. XXXXXXXXX

I am sorry Claire, but that isnt it.

Look behind the warming drawer to the right hand side. If no drawer remove the kick panel. The number is XXXXX the right.

There are 2 numbers
GIEFM397DSA and SFVF44910091
I am sorry but I do not have the information you require. I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Did I give you the correct serial number?
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

The serial number is XXXXX however there appears to be to many charcters in the model number, Please look carefully at the number again...

lets try VF44910091
That is the serial number not the model number

could it be ES510?
No, the number you found before, not the VF number which is the serial number, can you reverify the original numbers that you found..
The number I found on the bottom stove was GLEFM 397DSA, the number I found on the back of the stove was XXXXXXXXX
THat was the correct number, Have you turned off the power to the unit and then reapplying power to see if the computer resets?
yes
Have you done a self clean recently on the oven?

I did try to self clean after the problem started. this also did not remove the lock. priot to this problem we have had trouble with the door not closing completely so have been using the lock button to keep the door secure.
Is the voen door locked now?
I can lock and unlock without problem. We are using the oven but unable to use the range due to it locking out the burners
But you keep sayng it says LOC on the display correct?

Right now there is a red emblem with a lock signal. All of the displays over the range controls are dashes
It appears to be a switch problem on the oven door causing the problem, however I am not sure, so I am going to opt out also, another expert should be with you shortly..
Thanks for your help. I am going to close out. Thank you for your help

Try pressing control/off and holding it for at least three seconds. Please let me know if that doesnt work.

We tried it. Where do I rate you? Will I still be charged?

If that did not work then the door lock indicator switch is bad. It is sending the wrong signal to the main control board and that is why the loc indicator is showing.

Give me a minuet or two and I will get you parts information.

My husband just figured it out. You need to hold the clock button for 3 seconds.

Great!

Figures that the darn manual would give the wrong button.

Glad you got it fixed. I was about to go nuts digging through the manuals, and parts sites trying to come up with a solution for you.

Have a great day.

Best, Smitty