Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Samsung Microwave (SMH9187ST) and the door will not

latch. I have removed...
I have a Samsung Microwave (SMH9187ST) and the door will not latch. I have removed the door and can hear loose pieces in the door. How do I disassemble the door to replace what I think is a broken latch mechanism?
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/18/2013
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy

repairguy : My name isXXXXX will assist you
repairguy : Do you see the plastic trim on the inside of the door?
repairguy : That trim piece is clipped on
repairguy : If you pull it off you will see all the parts for the latch assy
Customer: yes it see the trim piece.
Customer: which corner is best to pry to plastic piece?
repairguy : The latch assy is fairly simple it is a spring and the latches
repairguy : I usually go with a corner away from the latch, just use a flat blade screwdriver to get you started
Customer: got it - broken spring anchor point on the latch mechanism.
repairguy : The only thing you can do is purchase a new door, unless you can rig the anchor point somehow.
repairguy : Would you like me to get you a part number and price
Customer: Yes
repairguy : DE64-02065A is the part number for the new door, you can purchase it for $55.99 from www.searspartsdirect.com
repairguy : To change is real easy remove the upper grill, then the old door will lift off the hinges and new one can be placed right on
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy
Rick
Rick
Rick, Repair Guy