Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My Samsung refrigerator is beeping, the power cool icon is

lit and we have pressed...
My Samsung refrigerator is beeping, the power cool icon is lit and we have pressed the button but it keeps on clanging. We have just changed the water filter and could that be the problem?
5/12/2013
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon :

hello

Jon :

my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized samsung service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

Have you determined what is causing the beeping? Is it the door alarm, temp alarm?

Jon :

with the power cool icon lit without pressing it indicates that it may be the temp alarm?

Jon :

and if you have tried to turn the alarm off by pressing the button but it just keeps dinging away then we need to look at the ref more closely.

Jon :

I would also like for you to check the back wall in the freezer to see if there is any spots of frost or ice building up on the back wall. If there is then that might be the problem.

Jon :

Has the temp in either the ref or freezer cabinet gone up or down?

Jon :

are the temps not what you had them set for?

Jon :

please get back to me here with the answers to these questions and I will help you more.

Jon :

thanks

Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Marcia,

Please get back to me here when you are ready to look at and work on this ref so we can determine the cause of the failure.

Thanks.

No ice build up and nothing out of the ordinary. Simply sitting quietly and the dinging began. Must have worn out the dinging button because we had a quiet night. Today everything seems o.k. so far.

Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

If the machine is running ok for you now great! I am sure it was just a stuck relay on the control board. Wich happens from time to time. If it happens again just unplug the machine for ten minutes and plug it back in. And if it doesn't stop then you may need to replace the board.

Please feel free to get back to me here again if you need more help and I will help you more for no additional charge. You can come directly to me by clicking on my personal link below. This will save you time.

Thanks again.

http://www.justanswer.com/home-improvement/expert-jon-grella/
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician