Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have the Viking professional series side by side refrigerator

I want to change the...
I have the Viking professional series side by side refrigerator I want to change the skins as they have dents I see the screws about the outside and inside the jambs, Is it a matter of disassembly at these screws?
5/11/2013
Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician

Randy 43 :

Hey , hello again ..the skins on the Viking fridge are the same as the Jennaire and Whirlpool ..if there are screws around the perimeter of the skins ? then yes you remove those after the handle is off and they pull off ..

Randy 43 :

they are usually pretty service friendly , removing just the skins is a lot easier than taking the door completely off

Randy 43 :

if you have any questions ,ill be back in 30 min ..i need to step out for something ,thx Randy

Customer:

It seems after I put the thing back together the problem arose again. I am going to call the supplier check to see if the LF valve which I recently replaced is with the proper switch. If is not this It could only be the wiring.

Customer:

I changed the LF valve and verifying it being the correct one. the switch that came with it as well.

Customer:

The problem is enhanced with the new ignitor switch in that it sparks when the valves are all closed.

Randy 43 :

did you check the wire from the switch to the ignitor ? its not pinched anywhere for sure? if you changed the module and the switch is good ,it cant happen if the wire isnt shorted

Customer:

This is difficult because they are in series to all of the rest of the switches including the fan switch. They are tied tight at points along with wrap ties. the wires than lead to the center of the range

Randy 43 :

they go to the centre of the range to the module ,unfortunately i think that is the only thing that may be causing the issue

Randy 43 :

ill opt out and relist the question for somebody else ,maybe they have more info than i do ..

Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized Viking service tech and I can help you today.

You are talking about the door skins of a ref correct? The responses above made me think that they were speaking about an oven for some reason.

Anyway, if you still need help with this machine and changing the door skins please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Thanks.

no thanks i am done with Viking and will forever tell am

ny body I speak to about appliances how what harbage they really are!

no thanks i am done with Viking and will forever tell any body I speak to about appliances how what garbage they really are!

I agree with you. You spend a great deal of money to get what you think would be a superior product when all you get is an expensive regular machine. All you really pay for is the name.

I recommend whirlpool for all kitchen and laundry appliances. I see them last the longest and I work on them the least. Which ultimately means they are made well and are not breaking.

Sorry for your frustration and I hope that you will come back here to justanswer again for all your questions.

Thanks.
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Thank you for the positive rating. It is greatly appreciated.

Should you need more help please get back to me here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician