Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have 11 year old Kenmore refrigerator side by side.It stared

to shut down.I pulled the...
I have 11 year old Kenmore refrigerator side by side.It stared to shut down.I pulled the refrig out and cleaned the black cooling racks which were pretty well covered with lint.I then put everything back together and turned temp. control knob to off and the back to the center mark.The refrig ran for approx 24 hrs and again shut off .After resetting the temp control the rfrig ran for another 24 hrs and shut off again.What appears to be my problem.
5/9/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good evening, can you open the refrigerator and look on the tag and tell me the first three numbers of the model ? it will be a 3 number prefix like 110,106,665 or some other combo . thanks, Bryan

Kenmore side by side year 2001

Model # 51552101

Ser. # (NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

okay I have it. if you turn this off and back on right now does it start ? when this is off do the fans and everything go silent ?

My refrigerator shut down.I pulled it from the wall and took off front and back covers . The cooling grates were full of lint.with my vacuum cleaners I cleaned them.I put everything back and the turned the temp control to off and back to the center postion.The refrig will run for approx 24 hrs and shuts down and the temp control has to be recycled again.This has been done 3 times.

okay great. your cold control is failing Temperature Control Thermostat(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View "temp control" these tend to arc inside and shut down.it has a bad spot in it. you need to order and replace it. Heres a link to order the part. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Temperature-Control-Thermostat/2198202/2299?modelNumber=106.51552101?RCAID=1000065 this will take care of that issue , Its common after so many years or use that these fail. this is what turn the refrigerator on and off and controls the temp so its working all the time. thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Thanks for the help on my refrigerator problem.I ordered the temp control unit ,received right on time,and replaced the defective unit with my new unit..My refrig. has been running for two days tbl. free.The installation video was excellent and made the whole project easier.

Thanks again Adam

Thats great to hear, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
My refrigerator is now running with no problems since I replaced the defective temperature control per your recomendation.
Thanks for the help. Adam
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician