Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My electric oven stopped working. It heats up, but very very

My electric oven stopped working...
My electric oven stopped working. It heats up, but very very slowly. It took approx 30 minutes to reach 200 degrees. It worked fine last week. Can you give me a hint on what to do??
5/6/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look around the drawer can you find the model number? I really need it to help.

Thanks,
Barry

Hi Barry:

Sorry I had to go to work. ModelNo. is CRE 9600 CCE. Does that sound right??

Thanks,

Chuck

Hi Chuck,,,,Yes sir that is correct. Does everything else work normally?

Barry

Hi Barry. Everything appears to be working normally. I tried one of the burners and also the broiler. Both seemed fine. Chuck

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

Hello from our service,

My name is Chas, I am so happy to help you today.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer. It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do. This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort. Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley per click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

Does this have 2 ovens on it?

No. Only one.

Then I will need the model number of the unit, it should be at the bottom of the range when you pull out the drawer...

CRE 9600 CCE

Does the oven element get red hot when you use it?

No. The broiling unit does, but not the bottom oven unit.

You will need to replace the oven element, very easy to do, just make sure you have the unit unplugged or the breaker turned off to the unit, you can click on the blue link below to order the correct part for your unit.

Click here for the correct part for your unit.

Repair Clinic offers a 365 day no question ask return policy, so if the repair does not work you can return the part to them for a full refund, yes this even includes electronic parts that many other part suppliers will not allow to be returned.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

Bake Element 74003019 Main Product View

Hi Chas. Thanks for the help. Chuck

Fantastic Chuck, have a great day

Hi Chas. How do I give a bonus?? All I see is the smiley faces.

When you click on the smiley face it will then ask you if you want to leave a bonus

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician

I clicked on the smiley face, but it only turns green and highlights "submit". It doesn't ask me anything.

Strange, it should come up, check your email to see if there is something there...

Make you you press submit

I checked my email. I was able to leave the bonus through it. Let me know if it doesn't go through [email protected]. Thanks for your help.

no problem, thank you

Thank you and have a good day.

Came through, thanks again
Chas
Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician