Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

KENMORE WASHER MOD # XXXXX OIL APPEARING ON CLOTHES

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So the only thing that would allow oil to get on the clothing is if the seals on the basket drive weren't sealing up properly. This means that you'd need to order and replace the basket drive (also known as the break assembly). The part number is XXXXX and it's not a cheap part or an easy part to replace, but below is a link to the part you'd need to order and replace for your model.

CLICK HERE for part

Below is a video that will help show you how to replace the part.

CLICK HERE for video

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

much thanks as always

Not a problem. If you need anything else--let me know as always. I'm here most of the time so I can respond quickly.