Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Hi there, I have a whirlpool super capacity heavy duty dryer

Hi there,

I have a whirlpool super capacity heavy duty dryer and it just started acting up. It's about 12 years old.

When we hit the start button it would buzz, but not start the drum spinning. I opened the back and vacuumed out the lint and dust. That started the drum, but now there's no heat because our load was still very damp.

Can you help?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The issue you're having is that either the belt has broken, or the motor has failed and the centrifigul switch is stuck on the motor which is allowing the dryer to heat. You'll need to take the dryer apart and see if the belt has fallen off or if it's broken. If the belt is still attached and the motor just won't kick on, then you need to replace the motor. If the belt has fallen off, just put the belt back on. And if the belt is broken, you'll need to replace the belt. Below is a video that should show you how to access and replace the belt and motor.

CLICK HERE for video

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

I'm just following up to see how your appliances is doing since I haven't heard back from you and this question is still open. Is there anything else that I can help you with today?