Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.
11179659

my condenser fan will not work on my kitchen aid KSCSINSSO

my condenser fan will not work on my kitchen aid KSCSINSSOO

Hello Jim my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

There are 2 numbers missing right after KSCS could it be KSCS25INSS00? I am guessing that it is and looking at the wiring diagram for that model now. Please let me know if that is incorrect.

Thanks,
Barry

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

kscs23

Got it, thanks. I am changing diagrams right now. Give me a few more minutes please.

Barry

Unplug the refrigerator or disconnect the power.

Pull the refrigerator out and at the rear of the unit, remove the hexhead screws from the unit compartment cover at the bottom and remove the cover.

Remove the inverter assembly, that is the tall box with all the wires that sits just to the left of the compressor.

Remove the two hex-head mounting screws from the main control board enclosure that is behind the inverter and remove it from the unit.

Disconnect the six connectors from the main control board. Then reverse to reinstall.

This board is what sends power to the fan motor and it will need to be replaced to correct the problem. This board is no longer made new, however you may find someone in your hometown who has one in stock. None of the vendors I know have a new one. Sears does have them rebuilt and I linked it below for you. That will take care of the problem.

CLICK HERE FOR THE BOARD AT SEARS.

If you found my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and please leave an ok or better rating. If you have any questions use the reply to expert link.

Thanks,
Barry