Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My fisher & paykel GwL15 washer machine of 6 years filled with

My fisher & paykel GwL15 washer machine of 6 years filled with water washed but when it went to rinse it is now just buzzing. It goes through that cycle buzzing and then goes to spin but nothing happens. I thought I could smell something like burning at first. But it wasn't real strong. I have been told it is water pump and I have been told cold water valve by 2 different techs. We live in country away from techs could you help me try to figure out problem. Love my machine.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you let it run for 30 minutes or so when it's buzzing, it should shut down and start to constantly beep. WHILE it's beeping, the eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

This happened yesterday, so filled machine again, relized this time no hot water went into wash cycle only cold. I am waiting for wash cycle to end and then 30 mins for the beep and the code. Is that what I should be doing?

So what you're waiting for is for the washer to just stop and humm like you were getting. Sometimes before 30 minutes is up it should give you an error code hopefully.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

beeping but no code wash light, rinse light and spin light are lit up but no code appears

hmm ok, lets see if an error code pulls up.

With the machine off, press and hold the Wash Temp Down button and then push the power button until the machine gives 2 short beeps and lights up. Now press the Spin Speed Up button three times so that the Hold and Slow LEDs are illuminated.

The eight wash progress LEDs will show the error code. Which ones are illuminated from LEFT to RIGHT? Example (1st, 5th, 8th)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

all 8 of them are lit up. Hot water is filling machine like to wash.

OK perfect. ok so this is a pump block error. You will need to manually drain all the water in the tub then tip the machine backwards so you can access under the bottom and unplug the unit. The drain pump is located in the front right corner. It has a fan blade hanging from the bottom of it. Twist the fan blade an if it doesn't spin freely, you need to remove your drain pump and clear the blockage above it. There is a plastic tab that you can push on and then the entire pump will twist and pull off.

If the blade does spin freely, there is a "Y-connection" in the back right corner with (3) 1" hoses connected to it. Disconnect the hoses and check the "Y-connection" for any blockages. Remove any blockages if necessary.

If both things check good, then you just need to replace the drain pump itself and it costs about $100.

If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.