Pitstop Appliance
Pitstop Appliance, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.
74052492

I have a double draw f&p dishwasher. The red led is lit

I have a double draw f&p dishwasher.

The red led is lit on both draws, it is beeping and the pumps are running continuously. This is happening even when it is switched off!

Can you help
Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.
The problem is the flood control system has been activated.
This means that you have water in the catch tray at the bottom of the unit.
To get the unit to work again you need to dry out the tray, Pull the bottom drawer out and press the tab on the left to remove the drawer. soak up any water in the catch tray and try it again.
If the unit does this again you need to locate the leak. It is usually a bad seal on one of the drawers. Replace it and you are good to go.
Please let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Home Smithy,

The drip / collection tray is bone dry

Nick
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.

Sorry for the delay replying.

If the tray is dry then the sensor is malfunctioning. It will need to be replaced.

Please provide the units model number and I will get you the part number so you can order it.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
DD603MFD
I am sorry but I do not have the information you require. I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

The control board for your unit (which contains the water flood sensor) is part # XXXXX

It is located below the bottom drawer, in the back, underneath the plastic cover.

I am attaching the instructions to replace it from the factory service manual for you.

It is a quick easy repair, just be sure to turn off the power supply to the unit before you start, and make note of where the wires all go. It helps to take a picture before you unplug stuff.

graphic

If there is anything else I can assist you with, just let me know. If you are happy with my guidance, please rate me well. Thank you.
Experience: Knowledgeable in all brands and models of appliances with thousands of happy customers.