Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Electric range

4/17/2013
AssuredElectrical
AssuredElectrical, Electrician
Welcome. My name is XXXXX XXXXX would be glad to assist.

What is the question that you need assistance with on the range?

If it is internal, may need to transfer to the appliance experts.

The surface unit is working great

The oven switch comes on but there is no heat in the bake cycle or the broil cycle. Can this be fixed?

I will have to send this to the appliance experts, this is electrical category and we handle power to the range or oven only.

Please be patient while it is transferred, it can take a few minutes depending on the experts available.

Thanks
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your range . if I'm correct after looking at your model this has thermostat that you turn to set the oven temperature and the broil is that correct ?

Yes that is correct

Okay great, when you turn it on does the red light come on saying it is on? The indicator light ?

Yes it does

Okay since neither the bake or the broil is working but the light comes on saying it is it means that the thermostat has failed. Oven Thermostat WB21X5287 Main Product ViewNow this is available at the following link for $135.00 , it would need to be replaced to repair the range. That is entirely up to you. Here is the link, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Thermostat/WB21X5287/252601?modelNumber=RB525S1?RCAID=1000065 this is the part that you turn (the dial) and to replace it you need to lift the top of the range. These range tops lift up and hinge back. unplug the range before servicing this. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes. Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician