Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model # XXXXX The latch controlling

I have a Maytag dishwasher Model # XXXXX The latch controlling the opening & closing of the detergent dispenser was not working. I ordered a new Latch Spring, new Deipenser Pivot and new Door Latch. I can't seem to reassemble the mechanism so that it opens & closes the door I have tried to use the diagram for the soap dispenser from your site. However the slider in my dishwasher does not look like the one in the diagram (Part 7) and I can't figure out how the pivot (part 17) fits into the assembly. Can you help me to reassemble this mechanism so that it works correctly?
Thanks
Dave Curtis

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

which part is not fitting correctly on this diagram?

does the latch slide you have look like this one ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes

they discontinued the original it seems. pictures are hard to get of this, I did find one though not sure if it helps. take a look. graphic
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, the part that I am having trouble with is behind the rinse dispenser and hidden by the white triangle shape (I think the cover of the mechanism). This diagram shows none of the parts that I am trying to put back together.

I found a video that may help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhpV8p36sd4 let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It looks like it will solve my problem. I have reassembled the mechanism according the the video directions. I am running the dishwasher now and will let you know how it works.

thats great ! Wow its hard to find the right diagrams and videos for that one. let me know, thanks, Bryan