Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana gas range model AGS730L and there seems to

I have an Amana gas range model AGS730L and there seems to be significant delay in the oven starting to fire.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today, Good afternoon, this is a common issue with these, your oven igniter is getting weak and is having trouble opening the safety valve. Oven Igniter 786324 Main Product View you need to replace the igniter . this is located under the floor of the oven. these are delicate so be careful not to bang while installing. heres link to order the igniter. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/786324/1191 these need to draw a certain amount of amps to open the valve. thanks , Bryan
I was wondering if you received my answer. the site was having issues and I'm not sure if you did.please let me know if you need more assistance. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the part that you told me to order is incorrect. the existing ignitor is approximately 2 3/4" long and the part you suggested and I ordered is

5 1/4" long

I'm so sorry about that, is this the one you need ? for some reason it came up wrong on the site. Did you order it at repair clinic ? they will return it and send you the correct one. heres that link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Oven-Igniter/74007498/949510?RCAID=1000065 sorry for the confusion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the ceramic portion is approximately 2 3/4" long, the entire ignitor is approximately 4 3/4" long

they may have discontinued your exact igniter. although the one I showed you does work in your oven. What I would do is call repair clinic @ (800) 269-2609 and ask them to double check your igniter. they will get you the correct one. I'm so sorry for that.