Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Sears electric oven model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN when set on bake

Sears electric oven model number(NNN) NNN-NNNN when set on bake not heat from top?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I'm not sure exactly what you're complaint is. You say when you set the oven to bake it doesn't heat from the top? Does the oven heat at all during bake?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the bottom heat element does heat but not the top element when setting on bake. she did a pizza and the bottom bake but not the top pizza

So, that's actually how the oven is intended to work. The different between "bake" and "broil" is that bake only has heat coming from the bottom. Broil only has head coming from the top element. You would either need to rotate the pizzas from the top rack to the bottom rack and vice versa to cook them evenly, or you would need to use the "convection" setting if your model has it. The convection blows the air around inside the oven and circulates the heat so that it cooks more even.