Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My dishwasher is not getting the dishes clean and it is not

My dishwasher is not getting the dishes clean and it is not fully emptying the detergent area.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So there is a quick test I need you to do. Start the dishwasher and wait 3 minutes. Open the door and is the entire floor covered with water from left wall to the right wall?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, it is only about half covered.

OK so add a gallon of water and does that get the pressure better inside the dishwasher to wash better?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The dishes appear to be clean, but the detergent cup is not fully rinsed. How do we get more water to come into the dishwasher.

You would need to replace the electronic water valve or make sure you have good water pressure from your house.

As for the cup not being completely rinse, make sure that dishes aren't in the way prevening the water from getting to the dispenser, and clean out all the arms. If you still have problems, then take the pump apart and clean the filter. There is really nothing else to do after that except repllace the entire pump and motor assembly if you still have problems. Below is a video that shows you how to take the pump apart to clean the filter.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.