The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

Our Norcold refrigerator displays a message of Src after we

Our Norcold refrigerator displays a message of Src after we switch from electric to propane...if we shut it off for five minutes then restart it seems to work okay, but is this something we need to be concerned about?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The error code indicates a failure in the flame sensing circuit.

Unfortunately the solution is to replace the main control board, but it isnt hard to do that.

For now the unit is working after a resetting of the power. Soon it will fail to restart after unplugging it.

Please see the page below for the replacement instructions. The board can be purchased at most all RV centers, major brand big rig repair facilities, and major marinas.

graphic

Please let me know if you need anything else right now.

If not please select a positive rating at this time. You may ask as many followup questions as you like after rating my service at no additional charge.
Thank you.

!!IMPORTANT!! Before you use the bad or poor rating, ask me why you shouldn't!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

If it is the flame sensing circuit, will it be okay if we are running totally on electric?

Sorry for the delay replying, Kathleen. Yes that will be fine. The electric and gas use two diffrent sections of the control board.

Please be sure to rate my service before you log off.

Thank you.

Do you still need help with your unit, Kathleen?