Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We moved our Avanti Platinum Wine Chiller to our new house

Customer Question
and now it will not...
We moved our Avanti Platinum Wine Chiller to our new house and now it will not work. What do you suggest we do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
4/1/2013
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 4 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
I am so happy to help you today.
My name is Woody.
Before we get started, I would like to help us get on the same page so that our interaction will go smoothly.
I might give you an answer immediately, or ask you a question. Either way, we are likely to be in a question and answer format, so you will need to click reply to expert if:
a. You want to add detail.
b. Your question was not fully answered.
c. You want to ask further questions.

Since I am inviting you back to do any of these, do not use a 1 or 2 rating or this will likely NOT help you get a satisfactory answer.
It will delay our task, and it tends to be depressing for the expert trying to help you, often right at the beginning of the exchange, before we have accomplished our task.

I know the rating system is somewhat complicated, but you do not have to do a negative rating in order not to pay or to get your deposit back.

In addition, a negative rating only serves to rate the expert doing his/her utmost to help you a negative with JA. The expert also will not get paid under these circumstances.

Negative ratings do not cover site problems, delays, or anything else on the site that might annoy you, as experts are only involved in trying to answer your questions.

Negative ratings do not cover posts that do not come through, or any other difficulties...experts face those just as you do.
This includes frustrations that you might have had before meeting your expert.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction.
But, it is up to your honor to click a smiley face and make sure that I am compensated for my time and effort.
Please realize we are only compensated PER smiley face click and from bonuses, so extensive time with you would hopefully stimulate your consideration of this aspect of the system.

so have you verified the outlet has power to it, that it is plugged into ?

Yes

ok and the unit does absolutly nothing , no lights nothing just like it had no power?

Do you have a volt ohm meter ?

No

the No was for which of the two question I asked?

The unit does nothing and I do not have a volt ohm meter.

ok can you check the cord where it attaches to the unit and see if it is secure ,and since it was moved look at the cord from one end to the other ?

There seems to be no visible problems with the cord.

ok and does this model have interior lights ?

Yes, it has a light, but it is not working either.

ok with out a voltage meter we are rather stuck not being able to do any test to see where the voltage is being lost .
I can only recommend to either purchase a meter so you can do some testing or call for service on the unit .
Pretty sure this is not what you want to hear ,but hopefully you realize I`m doing my best over the internet.
John, Home Appliance Technician