Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Fisher Paykel washer stopped mid-cycle with a load of sheets.

Customer Question

Fisher Paykel washer stopped mid-cycle with a load of sheets. Looks like some water has leaked onto floor. Can't get washer to start.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Are there any signs of life on the control panel at all right now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

What am I looking for?

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Are there any signs of life on the control panel at all right now? Sounds? Lights? Anything?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No

Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Ok so this is a big problem then. At a minimum, you have a shorted main control board if you're sure that the washer is getting power from the outlet on your house. The control board is located under the control panel and costs about $200 and needs to be replaced. Below is a link to the part you'd need to replace.

CLICK HERE

In addition to that, you said the washer leaked. Now this could be due to an unbalanced load since you were washing sheets. That would cause the motor to struggle and short out the control board as well as splash water out of the tub. The other possibility is that water is leaking from below the tub on the drain pump or something like that which caused the control board to short out. So you'd want to tip the washer backwards and see if you can see where water was leaking from. If you see nothing, just replace the control board---otherwise you also need to repair the leaking issue as well

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.