Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

maytag mdg 9800aww gas dryer not drying well. when in system

maytag mdg 9800aww gas dryer not drying well. when in system check drum temp cycles between 70 degrees and 90 degrees. changed cycle thermostat and no difference. can you help me?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today
Give me a bit to bring up your model , be right back.
there is more to the model number can you check that. in the beginning there should be letters
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MDG9800AWW

perfect ! okay, can you remove the front panel # XXXXX and start the dryer, watch the flame. does is go off after a minute or so and then come back ion and then off ? how long does the flame stay lit ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

already did that...it cycles on at 70 and off at 90. It not reaching temp (160) SHORT CYCLING

okay great, you need to replace your gas valve coils. Gas Valve Solenoid 279834 Main Product Viewthese are under #20.00 and easy to replace with the video at this link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Solenoid/279834/3479 you can order the coils there also. the coils on yours are weak and don't hold the valve open. its a common issue. replace the coils and your all set. thanks and best wishes, Bryan