Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Samsung dishwasher displaying E2 error code.

Samsung dishwasher displaying an E2 error code.

What does this mean?

I am an authorized Samsung service tech and I can help you today.

The E2 error code on your dishwasher is a water supply error.

So, the water is most likely not coming into the machine, is that correct? If so, then first check that the water supply is on and that the supply is not weak or pressure to the water valve of the dishwasher is not below 25 PSI.

If the supply is off or weak that would need to be fixed first. If the supply is not off and pressure is good, then next make sure the water supply hose is not kinked or clogged in any manner. If the hose is not kinked or blocked in any way and yet no water is entering the machine, you will need to make sure that there is full voltage to the water valve in time of a fill cycle. There should be 110 volts when the machine should be filling up to the water valve. If you don't have 110 volts then the computer is bad and needs to be replaced.

If there is 110 volts but still no water then you need to replace the water valve.

Customer: Have checked that water supply is good and hose seems fine.

Jon: Okay. If the hose seems fine and make sure you can see all the hose and supply is on. Next, you will need to check voltage to the water valve at the time of filling using a volt meter. Do you have one to check it with? If you don't have a volt meter, don't know how or don't want to check the voltage to the water valve then I would call in a service technician to do it for you.

How old is the machine? If the machine is under a year, it would be covered under the original warrant and in that case I would call them and set up

a service call. They will come out to you for free, conduct a free check and fix it for free too. This is the easiest and cheapest way to get this machine fixed.

If the machine is not under warranty, then I would either check the voltage to the water valve or have someone do it for you. After checking the voltage,

you will know if you have to change the water valve or the main board.

If you have any other questions please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Customer: The voltage seems correct.

If voltage is good to the water valve, then you have a bad water valve. Especially if the water supply hose to the valve is not kinked, crimped or blocked in any way that would obstruct the flow of water to the valve and into the machine.

I would replace the water valve.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help.

Samsung dishwasher error codes explained

Newer model Samsung dishwashers are made with diagnostic systems. Diagnostics help detect issues within the system. Below is a list of common Samsung dishwasher codes as well as troubleshooting tips.

Dishwasher

Samsung dishwasher troubleshooting

0E - Overflow error - Unplug the dishwasher from any electrical sources. If water still fills up, the inlet may need to be replaced. If the water stops when the power was unplugged, the main power board supply may need to be replaced.

4E – Water supply error - Make sure the water supply valve is open and unplug the dishwasher and shut the water supply valve off. Afterward, unplug the hose and inspect the inlet valve to ensure the screen is not clogged, and reattach it. Also, look at the wire connection to the water inlet valve and make sure the connections are tight. If the water valve does not open when started, then the water valve will need to be replaced.

4E1 – Water going in the dishwasher is above 175F degrees - Look at the temperature of the water heater. If it is above 120F degrees, lower the temperature. If the temperature is below 175F degrees, the thermistor also known as the temperature sensor could be faulty. In this case, the thermistor may need to be replaced. If this issue continues replacing the main power board assembly may help.

5E or 6E – Water drain error - Unplug the unit and remove any blockage from the drain sink, hose, and pump. Replace the hose or pump if cracked or broken.

9E – Low water - Remove any dishes that have collected water and restart the cycle. After the cycle has finished, make sure the dishwasher feet are level. Check the wires and reconnect any loose wires for the water sensor level. Also, replace the wire harness if broken. If the harness connections are good, then replacing the water sensor level may help.

bE2 – Jammed button on control panel - If a button is stuck, press all the buttons on the panel to try and remove the one that is stuck. If this does not work, then opting to replace the control panel could be an option.

HE – water heater - Unplug the unit and inspect the wiring connected to the heater. If the heater is broken, replace it. Also, if the heater is not working properly, then replacing the main power board assembly could help.

LE – Water leak - Check for any leaking water found under the unit. Also, inspect the drain pump, hoses, and tub. After finding where the leak is coming from replace what is causing the leak.

tE1 – Thermistor (temperature sensor) - First, unplug the unit and reconnect any wires from the thermistor wire harness that had come unplugged. Replace the harness if broken. If the wires are working properly, the problem may be the thermistor. In case the issue continues, replacing the main power board assembly is an option.