Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

our kitchen -aid defosrt every 2nd day and im trying to find

drain line water at bottom...
our kitchen -aid defosrt every 2nd day and im trying to find drain line water at bottom of frig
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/10/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

Good morning, can you recheck the model number ? its not comming up.thanks , Bryan

ktrp21klbt01

Okay perfect, Now whats going on that you need to get to the drain ? is water going into the refrigerator section when this does defrost ? is the refrigerator getting warm every couple of days ?

yes the water is going to botom of frig

okay, there are two places you need to check. the drain hole itself is in the freezer below the coils in the back, to get to that you need to remove the panel inside the freezer behind your food. number 16 on this diagram, first remove the bottom of the freezer number 25 by removing the screws # XXXXX then the panel screws, the panel will come out and you will see the evaporator coils. the drain is in the center under them. (may be covered in ice) inside the refrigerator section remove number 12, then you will see any other ice that may need to be melted, boiling water works the fastest but you can use a hair dryer to melt the ice. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician