Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

ge ref model GSS25QGPASS SERIAL MF201503 REPLACED MAIN BOARD

ge ref model GSS25QGPASS SERIAL MF201503 REPLACED MAIN BOARD WR55X10942 BECAUSE COMPRESSOR WAS NOT COMING ON . FOLLOWED DIRECTIONS ON INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS, ELIMINATED THERMISTOR WIRE IN PIN 2 OF J1 CONNECTOR. (SHOULD I HAVE DONE SO?) NOW FREEZER AND REFRIG ARE FREEZING WATER HAVE SET REFRIG ON SETTING 1 (WARMEST SETTING) STILL FREEZING WATER ON TOP SHELF. flapper BETWEEN REFRIG AND FREEZER IS STILL OPENING AND CLOSING. I FIRST CHANGED FREEZER SENSOR IN HOPES THAT WAS THE PROBLEM BEFORE CHANGING OUT MOTHER BOARD. ORIGINAL SENSOR IS BACK IN. CUSTOMER SET FREEZER AND REFRIG ON SETTING 1 IN HOPE THAT IT WOULD KEEP STUFF FROM FREEZING IN REFRIG, ICE MAKER HAS STOPPED WORKING. PERHAPS THE FREEZER IS SET TO WARM TO MAKE ICE MAKER WORK? WHERE DO I NEED TO LOOK AND WHAT ARE MY OPTIONS?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.Good morning. I cant seem to pull up your model. there are 3 models close but they end with either, PAWW,PACC or PABB , i don't see the PASS can you recheck it.?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

MODEL # XXXXX

okay perfect. can you also get me the serial number while i pull up the tech sheets ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

SERIAL # XXXXX

alright thanks, XXXXX XXXXX bit to look this up.
okay you say you replaced the sensor in the freezer before changing the board is that correct ? have you changed any in the refrigerator section ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I CHANGE IT BUT WITH NO EFFECT. PUT THE OLD ONE BACK IN FREEZER. NO HAVE NOT CHANGED ONE IN FRIG.

okay change the one on the damper assembly in the refrigerator section. on these dampers the sensor actually comes with the damper. even though the damper is opening and closing doesn't mean the sensor is good. this is a common issue on these refrigerators. replace the damper assembly with the sensor and that will take care of your issue, thanks and best wishes, Bryan