Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

i have a LG refrigerator model#lfx25974st i would like to know

Customer Question
how to replace the lcd...
i have a LG refrigerator model#lfx25974st i would like to know how to replace the lcd display cover(black cover)on the left side of door pannel. thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/2/2013
Appliance Technician: Jon, Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized LG service tech and I can help you today

Jon :

Please allow me two minutes to look up your model machine. be right back.

Jon :

ok. got it.

Jon :

you have to first remove the dispenser cover to access the clips and screws to the lcd display.

Jon :

once the dispenser is off you will then see the lcd display more clearly and will be able to see the clips and screws that are holding it in.

Jon :

I would first power off the machine either by unplugging it or turning it off at the controls.

Jon :

then remove the lower drip tray or the whole dispenser cover. and with that cover off you will see the screws and clips holding in the display lcd board.

Jon :

just remove the screws and depress the clips to remove the lcd.

Jon :

if you need more help please get back to me here and I will help you more.

Jon :

if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below with ok service or better rating. and if you have more questions even after rating me positively, please come back to me here and will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks

Peter,

Please get back to me here if you have more questions and I will help you more.

And again, if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat.

Thanks.

what do you have to do to remove despenser cover? your

on your model is there a lower tray on the dispenser that slides out?

if so, then you will need to pull that out and then remove the screws behind that that will hold the dispenser cover in place.
if no slide out tray on the bottom of your dispenser then you will have to unclip the whole dispenser.

You will need to stick a small thin screwdriver or putty knife in between the cover and front of the door and pry the cover off by unclipping the clips behind the cover.

Just be careful not to break the cover.

jon, i removed drip plate, there are no screws there, now what?

ok. if you have removed the drip tray and have no screws then you have a model that has the dispenser cover that is held on by clips. and you will have to depress the clips to remove the dispenser.

again, like I said above, you will need to stick a small thin screwdriver or putty knife in between the door and dispenser cover to pry the clips. You will notice the dispenser cover coming off when the clips are depressed.

and with the cover off you will see the screws for the lcd display.

if you dont see the clips or feel the clips for the dispenser cover and feel that you might break the cover please stop and let me know. Or call for service.

this can be a pain in the neck to remove so please dont get frustrated.
why the poor service rating?

I told you if you had any troubles to get back to me here and I will help you more.

I understand it is difficult for me to show you how to remove this cover because I am not there, but please dont fault me for that.

I am only trying to help you.

But I will not help you more if you are only going to rate me negatively.

no, you gave me poor instruction. If u really new how to remove the cover you would have told me the inside door pannel has to be removed in order to on screw face plate from computer board, so waste of money, results poor rating!

Peter,

On most LG model refs I have worked on I have never had to remove any inner panels or screws to remove the outer dispenser cover. So if for your machine you had to do that then I am sorry. Like I said I never have seen any models like this. And the diagrams don't tell you how to remove the cover. They just show you where the parts are and you have to work of memory and experience of other machines similar to this one to get the dispenser cover off.

I am just trying to help you. I know this can be frustrating but please understand that it is difficult for me to know exactly what the procedure is to remove the cover and board if I am not in front of your machine looking at it for myself.

That is why I said to you if you have more questions or concerns to please get back to me here and I will help you more. Rather then giving me a poor service rating you could have just come back here and we could've worked through it together.

But no worries now that you have issued the poor rating. I am just glad that you have removed the parts needed to fix your machine.

If you have more questions please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more.

Have a nice day.

j,so there is no misunderstanding, for the record,i haven't been able to remove cover plate.when i subscribed to your service, i thought once i supplied you with make & model you would do your DD and find out how this problem could be remedy. Thats what i thought i was paying for! end of story. That's why you earned the poor rating....refund my $30.00 or provide me with the right information to replace cover..how about that?? your the expert right? PS please don't respond back with anything else but a solution. thank you then you get smiley face!

Peter,

Listen there is no reason to be rude here. Again, I am just trying to help you. And as I said before, once you give me the model number of the machine I can look up the diagrams and see what machine you have. But then if there is no service manual or update for your very specific problem then I have to go off of past experiences for that problem. So since LG didn't have what you needed I had to work with you to try to find the easiest way for your cover to come off.

But if you were not able to do that and still cant get the cover off to repair your machine then I will certainly forward your info over to the customer service department so they can issue you a refund. They are the only ones who can do so. But please also realize that you have only paid a deposit to get your question listed on the Question page so you could receive and answer. You actually haven't paid me anything. Just the website.

But like I said, I will forward this request to them and you will be dealing with them from now on. And I am sorry that we couldn't work together to get your machine repaired.
Model LG # XXXXX
Appliance Technician: Michelle-mod, Moderator replied 4 years ago
Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician