Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a GE Monogram refrigerator, model ZISS420DRCS. It was

Customer Question
I have a GE Monogram...
I have a GE Monogram refrigerator, model ZISS420DRCS. It was manufactured in October 2004. Everything was working fine until yesterday, when I came home and both the refrigerator side and the freezer side were 67 degrees. Any idea what might be wrong and how to fix it?

Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
3/1/2013
Appliance Technician: Barry G., Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is Barry, thank you for choosing our service.

Can you hear anything at all operating in your refrigerator? Do the lights work when you open the doors if your not hearing anything?

Thanks,
Barry

Barry,

I can hear the refrigerator running and the lights work.

Andrew

Hi Andrew its nice to meet you.

Look in the freezer section at the very top, can you see a frosted area there?

Barry

Barry,

I don't see a frosted area.

If it's easier, you can call me now at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

Pleasure to meet you, too.

Andrew

Look on the top of the refrigerator, is the fan operating?

Barry

Barry,

Unfortunately, I had to leave my house and head to the office. When I checked the refrigerator after your earlier question, I heard the refrigerator running, which sounded to me like a fan, but I can't be sure of that.

I won't be home until late this evening, so if we may have to pick this up tomorrow or Monday if you need more information.

Thanks.

Andrew

That will be fine Andrew. When you can check on the top will be fine. There is a compressor up there as well, you may have heard that running.

Barry

Barry,

How do I open the top above the refrigerator doors to see if the fan is running?

Andrew

I believe on the style that you have Andrew there are 2 screws at the top. These will be right in the grill at the top.

Barry
John, Home Appliance Technician