Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool double oven, model rbd305pds14, s/n xr4600263,

approx 10 years old. It...
I have a Whirlpool double oven, model rbd305pds14, s/n xr4600263, approx 10 years old. It started showing an F5E1 error code. I have replaced the control board, side board, panel, and door latch. I've replaced everything I can think of. The oven still works, but the error code still shows up and beeps. Any ideas?
3/1/2013
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Thanks for counting on us to help with your appliance problem.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to helping you!

when the code comes up is the door closed or open ?

If it is closed is it locked?

Door closed. When I plug power back in, the door latch goes through it's sequence, locks door briefly, unlocks, the error code F5E1 comes up 20 seconds later

and can you open the door then ?

Yes. the latch retracts.

ok you stated the oven still works .

do you mean it still heats even thou it has this code displated ?

yes

ok if the F5 E1 code is displayed and the unit still Bake and Broils to proper temperature your issue has to be in the main control board,

with a code showing it should not even be able to be programmed .

I realize you said you have replaced it

yes. twice. corecentric rebuilt original. same code. bought "new". same code. could the error code just be stored in memory?

no their is no memory if you unplug the unit and plug it back in doesthe code come back up in the display , with out hitting any buttons ?
did you get my last post?

You obviously didn't get my reply. Yes

no

no I did not , Humm you may have a wire harness issue .

You have replaced everything else that deals with the latches .

I think I have to recommend to replace the unit harness .

Ok. Is there a specific harness and/or part number I can order?

it is one complete harness CLICK HERE for part info
Whrlp Master Tech

Thank you. I am hoping/assuming this is the solution. I'm rating your reply excellent even though I/we have no way of knowing yet whether this will solve the problem.

even after you rate me if you have a question just reply back to me !

Hi. Based on your recommendation, I replaced the wiring harness today. Naturally, no change. The locking latch goes thru its cycle, unlocks, then 20 seconds later F5 E1. Everything has been replace at this point. Any suggestions?

WOW you have replaced the control and the harness. latch sister baord or sideboard as you called it .

Do you have a wireing diagram ?

No. Other than what I found on the Internet. I'm stumped.

ok I think you have a wire on wrong either at the latch or on the latch curcuit

ok here is a diagram I hope this helps .

Ok. I'll check tonite and let u know.

check the wiring on the latches and from the latches to the controls .

I think we have a wire in the wrong place ,possibly

Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech