Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a GE front washer Mod. WBVH6240HWW when spinning

on med. or high...
Hello, I have a GE front washer Mod. WBVH6240HWW when spinning on med. or high , basket makes pounding noise however it is not hitting the cabinet. smoke fills inside of basket and a burning rubber odor can be easily noticed. what is your recommendation?
Thank you,
3/1/2013
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The banging noise you hear during the higher speed spins means that the basket support has broken on the back of the inner stainless steel tub. This is quite a major repair because the support is sold with the entire stainless steel tub and can't be replaced separately. It's a process to remove the tub assembly and split the outer tub so that you may remove the inner basket. Either way, below is a link to the part you'll need to order for your model. It's a very expensive part at about $400 and an extensive repair, so that's something you'll need to determine if it's worth repairing or not.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

appliance Doc,

Will it also be necessary to replace the front_tub?

Thanks again,

Unless the inner basket has rubbed a hole through the front part of the outer tub, there is not a reason to replace the front tub.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc