Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a kenmore 110.20612991 The washer will fill with water

I have a kenmore 110.20612991 The washer will fill with water and the do nothing. I have tested the lid switch and it tests fine acording to the Ohm meter. I am not sure what else to check. I think it is the timer. Is there a way to test this?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today. Okay you tested the lid switch and your sure that its good ? can you bypass it to be sure ? (jump it out )
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

ok i jumped it out tank filled with water (small load) stoped filling and then nothing.

okay. while I look up the timer try advancing this to spin and giggle the knob, see it kicks into drain.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No It does not spin out does not drain does not do anything

okay there is one more thing you need to check before ordering a timer. you need to check the neutral wire (white wire) to the motor, on a lot of Kenmore's the white neutral wire can come out of the connector at the motor. heres a video on how to remove the cabinet to get to the motor. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/661600/675936?modelNumber=110.20612991#repairHelpVideoTabs just make sure the neutral wire is intact on the motor harness. if everything is good replace the timer part #(NNN) NNN-NNNN heres a link to order that. they give a 100% money back guaranty even if you install it and it doesn't fix your issue. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Timer/3953935/828183 thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for all your help. I pretty much thought it was the timer. good website here and for parts.

Thanks again