Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I own Bosch dishwasher model SHX46B05UC. Does not drain properly.

Food and water remain in...
I own Bosch dishwasher model SHX46B05UC. Does not drain properly. Food and water remain in filters after cleaning. Food also remains on bottom of stainless steel inner tub.
2/24/2013
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today....Is there water sitting in the bottom of the tub after the cycle is complete..?
Rarely in the tub but mostly in the filter area.
Is this unit connected to a garbage disposal..?
Yes
Ok great..Most often you will find the problem in the drain hose itself drain or air gap (if Installed)...A quick check would be to run the unit..As soon as the drain cycle is finished..Open the door..Look at the bottom of the tub..If you see water flowing back into the unit then yes the problem will be within the draining itself...The hose should also have some type of loop in it ..(not a straight run to the disposal).
Is it ok to run unit without filters so it is easier to see if the water is coming into the unit?
Yes not a problem..
Is it OK to run the "rinse and hold" cycle to check if draining properly , or do I need to run a full cleaning cycle.
Run a complete cycle..Checking the drain at the last cycle..
not as much water but lots of suds from detergent. what next? any way to clean out the drain from dishwasher to disposal? i am guessing that is the main culprit here.
stiil some standing water in bottow of filter area, should it be completely empty after cycle or still some water to keep odor from drain line potentially working its way back into tub area?
There should be some water remaining in the bottom..Not enough to where it covers the whole bottom.

After running a few more cycles, there is still water in the bottom. Seems to be cleaning better but not like just a few weeks ago. Also, dishes are not quite dry after running cycle.

What next? Do we need to pull out the unit and check if there is a kink in the drain hose going into disposal?

Ken The trick is to run the cycle..Once the drain cycle has stopped..Open the unit check for water at the bottom..Paying close attention to see if the water is back flowing into the unit..If not..Then sounds more like either a drain pump issue or a drain hose problem..Most likely not due to a kink..(That is unless the hose was moved previously )..I would remove the hose from the disposal..Take a bucket..Set the hose in the bucket..Run a cycle..See if the water still appears in the unit once the cycle is complete.
Bob L Your  Appl Pal

Ran a cycle with discharge into bucket. About 3-4 gallons were filled into a 5 gallon bucket. At end of cycle there is still a little bit (1/2-1" deep) of water in the drain area, not on the stainless steel tub surface. Is this normal? Or should the drain be completely dry?

The dishwasher appears to be draining but there still residue and food on the dishes when the cycle is complete. I'm wondering if this might be the drain pump that's pumping out water at the end of the cycle but not pumping out during the cycle leaving food items when the cycle is drying. What next?
I quick check would be to start the washer..Once the wash cycle is finished ..Listen for the drain pump..Look Down the sink drain..Make sure water is draining from the washer..Also Make sure the small holes on the spray arm are not blocked...This will prevent water flow to the dishes also
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal