Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Im looking for part # XXXXX for my GE JP672 stovetop. Its

I'm looking for part #...
I'm looking for part # XXXXX for my GE JP672 stovetop. It's the trim control plate where the temp controls come thru. Any thoghts?
2/20/2013
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician

Jon :

hello

Jon :

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am an authorized GE service tech and I can help you today.

Jon :

Please give me a few minutes to look up the part info for you.

Jon :

here is a link to a company I use often for discontinued appliance parts. Please click on the image below to view your part. it may not give the photo, but as long as you are certain of the part number, they have it in stock. or will know where to get it for you.

Full Size Image

Jon :

how old is your machine? and what is the full model number?

Customer:

OK Great, I'm sure someone has the part in stock

Jon :

i typically find that superior parts will stock the parts you need or find a place that does for you. You may have to call them. And their contact info is in the link on the bottom of the page. So please give them a shot or get back to me here with the model info and I will again check some of my other parts warehouses that deal with discontinued appliance parts.

Jon :

I ma sure as well. and you are very welcome.

Jon :

if you feel that I have helped to answer your questions please remember to rate my performance positively below this chat now with ok service or better rating. This way i can get credit for helping you from the website. and should you have more questions after positively rating me, please feel free to come back here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Jon :

Thanks

Customer:

That's not the correct part..it's WB7x7000 for GE stove top JP672

Jon :

ok. let me check it. be right back.

Jon :

yes. it hsould be what you are looking for. it shows the part in the model number field. part number is XXXXX

Jon :

are you there?

Customer:

Do you know if they have it in stock? Or must I contact them?

Jon :

it shows that they have one in stock. but when it comes to them saying one, i wouldnt risk it. i would suggest calling them and have them check their stock on hand to see if they have it. they should if they show they have one. but be sure first.

Jon :

you can call them and find out tomorrow. and if they dont have it get back to me here and i will help you more. and i will call my contacts tomorrow to find other parts warehouses that i know that stock these type of parts.

Customer:

OK, Can we put this on hold until tomorrow before I rate You? It's martini time!!!

Jon :

sure. just please let me know now if you can what the full model and serial numbers are? this way in the meantime i will call my places and check their stock.

Jon :

and i hear you on the martini time...its almost approaching sleeptime here in NY

Jon :

after you find the part please just remember to come back here to rate me positively with ok service or better rating. Thanks.

Jon :

and if you have more questions even after positively rating me you can come back here and ask any other questions you need to for no additional charge.

Jon :

thanks again. and please remember to get back to me here tonight with the full model and serial numbers. and have a good night. Talk to you tomorrow.

Customer:

Will do, don't have the serial number available right noe but will get back to you, thanks. One or two olives?

Jon :

two...always two! have good night.

Customer:

Hope you enjoyed the martini!! Checked with Superior parts and they sold the only one they had two weeks ago. Can you keep checking? Thanks

Customer:

Hope you enjoyed the martini. Checked with Superior and they sold the only one they had two weeks ago, can you keep checking? Thanks

Jon :

i didnt get to have one, you?

Jon :

i have a few calls into my parts warehouses and am currently waiting for some emails and phone calls back to see if this part is in stock. Do you happen to have the full model and serial numbers?

Jon :

I know that these numbers will be very important when seeing if any other parts will sub to this one in case it is not available.

Jon :

so please get back to me here with those numbers and like i said above, i will wait to hear back from my distributors

Jon :

i have the model number. or the rest of it in which i need. all i need now is the full model number. some of these parts sub by serial number. so i would need to knwo the ful serial number to get you the right replacement info.

Customer:

Actually I located an entire JP672 that was removed during a re-model. From the pictures and description, it looks to be in far better shape then mine. It's about two hours away near LA so I will go on Friday and look at it. If that's the case, it will much simplier and cheaper to swap the entire unit out. If I do that, I will have a numer of parts from my old one that I could sell.

Jon :

wow. that would be a good find. and definitely keep the old one for any extra spare parts.

Jon :

if you would still like for me to keep looking i will. in fact, i will and when you get the other machine let me know what you find. If it is actually in better condition then great. just let me know.

Jon :

and if you feel that i have helped to answer your questions and you feel that i have earned my positive rating, please remember to rate me positively below this chat now.

Jon :

and if you have more questions later please come back to me here and i will help you more for no additional charge. and even after rating it will not close out the question. you will be able to get back in touch with me here at any time.

Jon :

Full Size Image
number 2 in the diagram above is the part you were looking for, correct?

Customer:

He wants $500 for it but it has all the cooking modules plus extra ones. I will definately rate you and don't spend a lot of time on it but if the WB7X7000 comes up, let me know. That's good because I will let you know what parts I will have as extra. Be sure to get your martinis tonite, can't miss two nites in a row!! Thanks Lee

Jon :

i will continue looking to try to find parts for this unit. please just remember to rate me positively below now. thanks

Customer:

Will do!!

Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Thank you Lee,

for the positive rating and very generous bonus. It is greatly appreciated.

I will certainly keep an eye out for the control trim for your unit and if I come across any parts for it I will let you know.

And please feel free to get back to me here at any time and I will help you more for no additional charge.

And I will definitely not let the night slip away with out a martini or two tonight.

Thanks again.

I just drove to Orange County and bought the stovetop for $450. It is in very good shape and I will just swap it out for my current one. I will have left over parts and will send you a list after I see what I need. I know it's an older model but I love the styling and it would require me to reconfigure my granite countertops if I bought a new one. Thanks

Hey Lee.

I ma glad the drive was worth it and the unit was in good even better condition then yours.

Please get back to me here if you need any other help and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks again.

Will do and I'll let you know what parts I have left over. It may be some time as we are going on a 3week vacation and I won't be able to start on the unit for a bit. Thanks

I ma jealous. I need a vacation.

Please take your time with getting back to me. dont feel like you need to rush and get back to me quickly. just get back to me here when you can and i will still be here to help you more.

Have a good vacation.
Jon
Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician