Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have had my Fisher Paykel washer for approximately 3 years

I have had my Fisher Paykel washer for approximately 3 years and love it, however, for some reason it has started to leak from somewhere. We do not see any loose hoses. Any idea of what else would leak?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model # ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

WL37T26DW2

okay good. how bad is the leak ? is it when this is filling ,draining or washing ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

not a lot...maybe 1/2 cup every time...I can't tell if it is wash or rinse...

okay, is the water comming from the center shaft on the transmission ? in the middle of the tub ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hmm..how can I tell that? Inside the tub, the shaft is very small and does not have a hole in the center. It is just a little knob.

okay what I can do is send you a link to the diagrams. check the pump and hoses. there is a seal in the tub. heres the link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/Fisherpaykel-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WL37T26DW296113A/3068/0153200/50034942/00003?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok...I just checked inside the tub and tightened up the knob on the shaft...

okay perfect, try running it and see if the leak is gone. hopefully it is. let me know, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok...I am running it now...I'll let you know in a few minutes.

okay fingers crossed.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There is still a small amount of water seeping out. I can't tell if it is new water or left over from earlier loads washed today. Is there anything I can check or that would make it leak like that?

to be honest leaks are the toughest thing to detect.theres no real way for me to know where its leaking unless you can give me the area you see it comming from. theres no real easy way to tell , sorry.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok, thank you for your time. It is not a lot of water so I think I'll just buy a plastic pan to go underneath for now. Have a nice rest of the day!

your welcome. sorry i couldn't do more but leaks are almost impossible to find unless they are obvious. have a great day. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I know how much my credit card will be charged?

You will be charged only what you put up for your answer. If you have any problems just let us know. thanks, Bryan