Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ihave a crosley heavyduty quiet plus 3 speed 15 cycles washer

it will not spin or...
Ihave a crosley heavyduty quiet plus 3 speed 15 cycles washer it will not spin or aggate. when i lift the lid and put a screw driver in the lid switch and put it to spin cycle i get nothing but when i push down on the agator it will start to spin and agator work it will not spin super fast but it will spin, what is the problem can it be fixed
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/11/2013
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX you for choosing our service.

Look under the lid the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Thanks,
Barry

the sticker under the lid the model and serial are washed off

I understand, have you had the control open where the timer is before? There is a reason I am asking. If so have you seen two brass looking parts to the far left and far right under that panel, they are fairly large, about 4 inches long and a half inch wide. I have arrowed the area and one of the clips below.

Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

you must be thinking of someone else my problem is with the aggator and spinning out

No I am not making a mistake, there are several different styles of washer, each can have its own set of problems and parts. I am trying to narrow to the style, its the only way I can do that without a model number.

Barry

the diagraphm you send is not like mine

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good morning, Barry has asked me to take a look at your issue. is there any way you can send a picture of the agitator in your machine ?

no there is not

okay take look at these agitator parts for crosly and tell me if you see your agitator , click this blue link. http://www.repairclinic.com/Crosley-Washing-Machine-Agitator-Parts

I found my model number and s/n

cw9505w

s/n- 10677421gp

perfect ! give me a minute to bring up the diagrams. you say when you push the agitator down with your hand it starts to move ?

yes when i push don on the top of the agitator the basket and the agiator will move let go and it seams like it slips in and out then stops

okay, you need to remove the top of the agitator (its 2 pieces) first take the softener dispenser off the top. # XXXXX it just pops off. then take the part # XXXXX off by removing the nut in the middle. let me know when you have that done. I believe the agitator base is either stripped or loose.

i took off the softener cup and remeved number 16 i could not see any problems

okay try turning the bottom Lower Agitator 21001530        Main Product Viewdoes it feel loose ? like its stripped?

no it does not feel loose or stripped . I turn machine to spin and the tub will not spin agitator base turn but not tub I try to stop the base but i can not when i push on the base the tub will start to spin i can stop the tub from spinning with my hand, any suggestions

please reply as soon as possible

good morning , okay thats not good. it mean the transmission is bad. that is a huge and expensive job. when changing this transmission there a spring loaded break that you need a special tool to release. its not recommended that the home owner do this job. sorry for the bad news, heres the transmission assembly its $281.00 just for the part. it may be time to replace the washer, you can buy a new washer for around the same price. I hope this helps, thanks and best wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician