Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

add a garment & rinse/spin light stays blinking and does not

do anything...
add a garment & rinse/spin light stays blinking and does not do anything
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/10/2013
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today,

Good afternoon, Give me a chance to pull up the tech sheets on this and I'll be right back.

I have tried all the above and the washer still doesn't reset

okay the issue is the door lock assembly . Door or Lid Latch Assembly W10253483       Main Product Viewits not reseting the board when the door is opened, this usually fails when the door is opened during a wash cycle but can fail without that. you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-or-Lid-Latch-Assembly/W10253483/1515091?modelNumber=WFW8300SW00 for under $35.00. this needs to be ordered and replaced. hope this helps, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician

i bouhgt the part you suggested but my washer still does not work the add garment and rinse light stay on.

please answer my question i think it is only right i payed for the service

Good morning , I wasn't on that late last night sorry, Unfortunately if the door lock assembly didn't fix the issue the CCU (micro computer ) has failed. this controls the functions and although its rarely the issue when you get that error sometimes it is, sorry , you will need to replace it, this is located under the top. take the screws out in the back holding the top of the machine on and remove it, you will see this in the back , you can order this at the following link. http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-number/W10246289/0026/110?pathTaken=directMatch&filterPart=&pop=flush&prst=0&shdPart=W10246289 thanks and best wishes, Bryan

I am sorry I have not responded sooner but my washer is still not working I have replaced the latch & the control panel and that still did not fix the problem

I'm at a loss. I cant pull up any tech sheets on this model. the parts come up but no tech sheets. I may have to opt out of this and let someone else look at it.

I have replaced the latch and the control panel like you suggested and that still did not fix the problem I am now down about $300 can you help me

it was a whirlpool duet sport model #wfw8300sw00

Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see the last expert has opted out.

I will try to assist you .

If the add a garment and rinse/spin light continually blink and turning the power off and back on did not reset the issue .

You have a stuck key on the user interface /display control .

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE for part info

If you have more questions just reply back to me !

it was the electrical panel I replaced not the front panel but now when I try to start it, it make like a little of a buzz then starts blinking again and the door stays locked

The last expert recommended that you replace the CCU mounted on the rear of the unit .

Is that the one you replaced?

its on the right side toward the front

That is NOT the one you need .

the one you need is right behind the console with all the wording on it .

you have a total of three electronic control board on this unit .

so it is the one with the controls and settings on it if so where can I get it and what is the part number

it is the one behind the buttons and dial .

I sent you the link before ,but here it is again. CLICK HERE

thank you I will try that now I hope it works

no problem .

if you have an issue even after you rate me, I will still assist you on this issue.

If I order this part and it doesn't solve the problem, can I return it?
Thank you!

Oh It was my pleasure to assist you .

Glad to help !

I replaced the panel it came in today the add garment light is still on and the door locks and still makes a little buzz and I try cancel and the add garment light stay blinking

Ok so you have now replaced the door latch the main control and the console assembly and you still have a light continualy blinking .

is this all corrects far?

yes well the lights just stay on until I hit cancel because it does not start the the

I replaced the panel and tried it so it didn't start but the estimated time stays lit and the water temp and spin speed and end cycle signal and the add garment light but it will not start so I hit cancel and then the add garment light starts to blink but the the lights stay on

You have to have either a bad part or something wired incorrectly .

You have replaced the entire electronic controls .

What happens when the add a garment light is on it you press cancel twice?

all lights turn of and the door is released

ok so set any cycle and then press and hold start for 3 seconds and tell me what it does ?

I`m very interested if the door locks

it just locks the door and does not do any thing

I think you need to look at the door switch connections on the door switch and on the CCU .

And you have not seen any F codes and it does not try to lock the door more than just the one time?

no water comes in at all?

no f codes and no water I will check connections but I think they are fine but let me check

ok I `ll be here !

checked connections nothing happens

And is the water turned on ?

The cold water is the next thing that should happen ,then it unlocks ,relocks (that is the child safety feature) and then starts the fill cycle.

yes the water is on but I turned of the power while I checked the connections and now the door stays locked when I tried the wash and the cancel and by trying the cancel button does not release the door

This thing seems to have a mind of it`s own .

You have replaced all the electronic controls and it is still doing strange things .

I feel you have a bad part or a bad connection .I`m not there I will opt out hoping some one else can think of something that has been missed .

so will someone else answer me automatically

Yes if the decide to take it on .

how long will I have to wait

Michelle-mod
Michelle-mod, Moderator

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!

Michelle

yes I need a answer my washer is still not working

We will continue to look for another professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Michelle
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician