Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a JENN-AIR glass top range Model #PEC0536 that has a

I have a JENN-AIR glass top range Model #PEC0536 that has a broken top (everything still works but there is a bad crack in the glass. I have found that a glass top is available part #{PS2342173 what my question is how can I install this new glass top? Since I havent taken the old top off I'm not sure how it is attached.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Can you recheck the model number ? its not comming up.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

JENN-AIR JEC0536 IS THE # XXXXX MY UNIT AND BOOK THE UNIT IS BLACK IF THAT HELPS. I FOUND IT ON THEIR PARTS LISTING ON LINE.

Okay found it. on these units you need to lift the whole unit out of the counter top and remove the screws all the way around the outside of the glass top frame. heres a diagram but it doesn't show the screws but gives you an idea on how this goes together.

you can see the glass top frame in this picture.