Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

IS IT FAIRLY STRAIGHTFORWARD TO INSTALL A "DOOR PLUNGER" ON

IS IT FAIRLY STRAIGHTFORWARD TO INSTALL A "DOOR PLUNGER" ON A FRONT LOADING GE WASHING MACHINE?
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Yes you should be able to replace the lock yourself with minimal tools..You will need a Phillips screwdriver ..Here is a video which will show you how to replace the door lock..This video is not your exact model..But will be completed exactly the same way..

If you have any further questions i ill be standing by..Also please remember to rate my answer to you at "Ok" Or greater so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you today..Thanks Bob

CLICK HERE FOR VIDEO
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to replace the "plunger" that is on the door itself. The plunger clicks into the mechanism that you show being replaced in the video. The darn thing is made of plastic and part of it broke off. I will need to pull out the old plunger (what is left of it) and install the new.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
Answer was for a different part of the door connection system.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

I see you re listed this question, is the part you need to replace ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I need to know how to install the plunger.

The washer model number is XXXXX The part is PS2322437. The part is being shipped to me overnight today, hopefully. I imagine it looks something like what you show above.

Since the existing part just had a piece break off, I assume I have to take out existing part in its entirety and replace with new part. Do I need any special know how to do this or just a screwdriver is what I'm trying to find out.

yes this is the correct part although the part number you have is from Parts Select if I'm correct . they use their own part numbers the factory number is XXXXX there are two screws holding the plunger on, remove those and put the new plunger on. heres a diagram that may help. did the piece that broke off fall inside the lock assembly or do you have it ? I want to make sure its not going to jam up the lock assembly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Fortunately, the piece broke off onto the floor and not in the lock assembly. Thank you for your help.

your very welcome, its very straight forward, just remove the two screws and replace, very simple. thanks and please don't forget to rate me 3 or above so I get credit for helping you, have a great day ! Smile Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.