Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Maytag Centennial Washer - about one year old. I

I have a Maytag Centennial...
I have a Maytag Centennial Washer - about one year old. I put in clothes and started the machine. I returned a couple hours later and nothing had happened. The green light on the left and the red light on the right were blinking. I pushed the button to restart and now the red light on the right is blinking (the lid is locked) but nothing is happening, Is there a way to reset? This happened once before and the problem seemed to clear itself.
2/3/2013
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Hi there and thank you for choosing service. do you know the model number?

No, I think it is on the inside of the door, but the door is locked

Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).

Have you tried unpluging the unit for about an hour and plugging it back in?

I unplugged for 15-20 minutes, but condition remained

WIll it allow you to turn off the machine completely?

There is no way to turn the machine off - there is no dial to turn

you said this is centennial washer correct?

Yes, Centennial "Commercial Technology"

Is there a digital display on the unit?

No

So how do you change the cycles?

There Are 4 dials, from left to right

1. Water Level

2. Temperature

3. A large dial for changing wash cycles (in the middle)

4. A yes/no dial for fabric softener

To start a cycle you push a red button with a rubber cover

Underneath the center dial is a series of lights that tell you what is going on with the wash

Is there a rubber button on the right hand side?

Yes

Press and hold the rubber button down until the lights go out.

I tried that with no luck

Repairman1981
Repairman1981, Home Appliance Technician

To enter diagnostics you unplug for 5 mins, then you set the knob (cycle selector) to 12 o clock position. You then plug in, turn 1 click to the right, 3 clicks to the left, and 1 click right and 1 click left and 1 click right. Once you do this all lights should come on. If it doesn't the board is bad.

It's about 50/50 ... I just replaced one yesterday EXACT same symptom. Once I replaced it I also found a sock in the drain pump which is likely what overloaded the board in the first place. But other than going into diagnostics and recalibrating the unit there isn't a "reset" chas was right holding the rubber button down for 10 secs should reset the cycle. when this doesn't work it's likely diagnostics won't either ..... and if they don't you need a board. Lemme know and I'm happy to provide parts info and replacement instructions. They are pretty easy to install. Thanks!

Repairman1981
Repairman1981
Repairman1981