Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Ice maker has stopped producing Ice.

Customer Question
Ice maker has stopped producing Ice.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Appliance
2/2/2013
Appliance Technician: Barry G., Home Appliance Technician replied 4 years ago
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Hello my name is Barry, thank you for choosing our service.

Look in the fresh food section up near the top for model/serial sticker and post the model number. I need the model to be able to see the diagrams.

Thanks,
Barry

gsl25jfta bs

Thank you Manny. Take a look at the picture below. Right above the pink arrow turn the ice maker switch off for 15 seconds or more then turn the switch on. Press the paddle at the bottom of the ice maker fully 3 times in and out. Watch the ice maker cycle. Did it rotate around? Does it fill at the end of the cycle? You may have to try a couple of times.

Thanks,
Barry
CLICK TO ENLARGE

We did that, but there was no rotation. The ice machine does not fill the ice tray with water neither. If you press the door switch and activate the ice release from the outside of the door, the ice machine rotates just fine. The problem we are having is that the ice machine is not making ice, nor rotating the ice tray to release newly made ice to the retaining tray.

If you find my answer satisfactory please login if you are not already logged in and leave an ok or better rating.

If its not rotating when you do that test there is a blown board in the ice maker. GE does not sell replacement parts you can only purchase the ice maker as a whole.

To replace the ice maker UNPLUG THE UNIT pull the ice bin out. Remove the 3 or 4 screws that hold the shelf and motor assembly for the ice bin and sit that out of your way (arrowed white).

Loosen the 2 top ice maker screws and keep your hands away from the bottom of the ice maker, it could be hot (arrowed green). Lift the ice maker off the 2 screws. Follow the wire harness from the ice maker to the back wall, there is a connector there with 2 squeeze locks on the left and right side of it. When you try to release the connector there is a lock on the left side of that connector thats a little difficult to unlock. Use a small screw driver or your fingernail to pull that lock away from the connector and pull to get the wire connector loose. Then lift the ice maker off from the screws and you will have it out.

When you install your new ice maker just reverse everything above and turn it on. There is nothing special to do. It will start when it gets cold. I have linked the ice maker below, there is a one year warranty with that part.

www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/WR30X10093/1399596?RCAID=1000064

Please ask if you have questions,
Barry

CLICK TO ENLARGE

Barry G.
Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician