Randy 43
Randy 43, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20 yrs experience 18 in home,gas license , refrigeration expert
13202342

I have a Kichenaid stove/oven where the oven operating panel

Customer Question

I have a Kichenaid stove/oven where the oven operating panel is electronic. It seems like the digital screen shows a permanent "close door" message and the oven light is ON continuously despite the oven door clearly being closed. All the buttons on the panel are frozen. Holding the control lock button down for 5 seconds does not do anything. I have jiggled the latch on the door to see if there is anything in the way, but it looks like it is closing perfectly fine but the electronic panel disagrees. Any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy 43 replied 4 years ago.

Randy 43 :

hello do you have a model#? thx randy

Randy 43 :

so this is a walloven? or a slide in range?

JACUSTOMER-dh0j6bf4- :

Unfortunately I cannot see a model number. This stove/range was installed before we moved in and it is a slide in oven. Sorry, i should not have said "built in". I just can't get to the plug in the back somewhere.

Randy 43 :

usually around the storage drawer area ? or door frame