Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Hello, I have a Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer. It vibrates uncontrollably.

Hello, I have a Bosch...
I have a Bosch Nexxt 300 Washer. It vibrates uncontrollably. The machine will vibrate so much it moves across the laundry room. How can this problem be resolved?
Thank you,
Kevin
1/6/2013
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Hello..It is my Pleasure To Be Working With You Today...Hi Kevin..Has the washer just started doing this..?

The washing machine has occasionally vibrated since purchase (2007). Typically it would just vibrate a fair amount and make quite a bit of noise. We moved in October '12 and since that time the washer has been considerably worse about vibrations.

Thanks For that information Kevin..When you moved ..Did you install the shipping bolts in the washer..?

Yes and when I took them out at the new house one of them was bent.

Oh Ok...Thats not good if it was bent..From what you are explaining,..More than likely you either have a broken shock..Or the rear drum bearing is going out..Which is a expensive repair..First remove the back cover..If you cannot get at it from the back..Then you will need to remove the top cover..(3 screws at the back top) Slide the cover back ad off...Once the top is removed ..Then you will need to remove the front panel..Take a flashlight..Check the condition of the shocks...Allot of times you will find a broken shock due to the worn bearing..Replacing the shock will not help until the bearing is repaired..Like i said,,It is a major job.

Thank you for the information. Assuming the bearing and shock need to be replaced...What type of cost would you estimate is associate with this type of repair?

The cost would be in the $500.00 range..Most often not worth the repair compared to new unfortunately...Also Please remember to rate my answer to you before leaving today at "OK" or better so that i may be credited through the system for my time helping you today..Thanks Bob
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Kevin Just checking back with you today to see how you have come along with the information that i have passed on to you for a solution to your repair...If you do have any further questions i will be standing by..If not please remember to rate my answer to you at "OK" or greater so that i may be credited for my time through the system ..Thank You Bob
Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your  Appl Pal