Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

My microwave quit working after we started it with nothing

in it on veg cycle...
My microwave quit working after we started it with nothing in it on veg cycle nere the end of the cycle we opened the door and now we get nothing.i tested the fuse its ok what next?
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/3/2013
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech

Appliance Parts :

Hi my name isXXXXX have been an appliance repair tech since 1992 on major appliances.
Can i get the model number of the inside of the door or cavity?

Customer:

model#jes1456wjo5

Appliance Parts :

Great thanks, XXXXX XXXXX pull it up, be right back.

Appliance Parts :

Ok, there is a thermal fuse mounted on the top of the cavity. You will have to remove the cabinet by removing the rear screws and sliding it off the cavity. Once you get the cabinet off, you will see this part number here" http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermostat/WB27X10985/1399513
You can either jump it out temp, to see if it was the thermo or use and ohm meter and check for resistance.

Appliance Parts :

Here is the parts diagram on the location of the suspected part failure.

https://genet.geappliances.com/IPCNet/Dispatcher?REQUEST=GEAIPCNETGETPDF&file=00000000/00067800/00067801.p01.pdf&modelNumber=JES1456WJ05

Number # XXXXX on diagram

Customer:

I already checked fuse seems fine

Appliance Parts :

Both of them?

Appliance Parts :

There is on mounted on the cabinet, the line fuse, and then one mounted on the magtube itself.
Have you checked all of them?

Customer:

wher is mag tube located and what does it look like

Appliance Parts :

Where you able to pull this diagram up>

It is number #6 magtube, and number #50 for thermo

Customer:

Sorry dont know where #s are located

Appliance Parts :

Were you able to pull up the PDF parts list?

Customer:

no all ihave is troble shooting sheet that is in the cab.

Customer:

ok now i printed the page 350 IS THE OTHER FUSE?

Appliance Parts :

350? there is no #350 on this link....?

Customer:

YES

Appliance Parts :

Are you there?

Appliance Parts :

Are you on a smart phone or laptop?

Customer:

im HERE Iwasnt gettin anything iment #50

Going to switch this chat to the message board. If you are able to look at the parts diagram and see the numbers pointing to parts # XXXXX the magtube and number #50 the fuse. and number #48 pointing to the other thermo, then i would suggest replacing the control board PART# XXXXX Hope this helps you.
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech
Were you not able to see the parts diagram and then the numbers pointing to the parts on the diagram i submitted to show you on where they are located?

sorry i lost you do i need to check or is ther a way to check the thermo s

Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts
Appliance Parts, Home Appliance Tech