Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

my haier washer dryer combo unit shows error code 13 water

level is higher than optimum...
my haier washer dryer combo unit shows error code 13 water level is higher than optimum
1/2/2013
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Hello and thank you for using this service,

This is problem with the heater or control. The unit is sensing an issue with the heating unit. A lot of times you end up needing a new control to correct this issue. Haier has had a lot of issues with this and this is not something you can fix without parts. You can test the heater on the unit to see if it is burned out. Check the heater for continuity. If it is good then replace the control. You can get parts at Repair clinic for it
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician

why does the manual say it is about the water level?

Is this a combo washer and dryer? Almost all of them are and do you have the model number

yes it is the hwd1600 and you are right i had the wrong manual.

Yes that error is very common, check the heater and see. This is a problem prone machine and it could be a bad control.
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician