Appliance Man
Appliance Man, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance tech 4 years
13888241

my water dispenser has stopped working

It makes the right sound, but no water comes out.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will be helping you with your question today.

Remove the grill from the bottom of the fridge. Then look under the freezer door. You will see a water connection under the door. Disconnect the water line. Then try to dispense water. Do you get water out of the hose you disconnected?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the tube appears to fill, but no water is being pushed out when I hit the dispenser on the freezer door

Ok the water line is frozen in the freezer door. You will have to allow the door to thaw. You can use a hair dryer on the outside of the door to help speed up the process.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do I have to unplug the unit again? Where on the door should I blow the air?

Yes turn the unit off and leave the freezer door open. Use a hair dryer on the middle of the door below the dispenser.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Even though I did this last night for four hours, you are saying I need to do it again? For how long if I am using the hair dryer?

Yes you need to do it again. If you are getting water out of the line you disconnected but not getting water out the dispenser when it is connected. This could take over an hour but its hard to say. The water line has to thaw.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

should the water flow out of the line when it is disconnected? It doesn't come out of the tube all the way. There is definitely water in it, but it is not flowing out of the tube onto the floor. Should it? or is there something in the dispenser that draws it up and pushes it through?

Sorry for so many questions, just want to make sure I am addressing the whole issue.