Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

ice maker not making ice

ice maker not making ice
Answered in 1 minute by:
1/1/2013
John, Home Appliance Technician

appliance doctor :

Hi I,m John I will help you with the ice maker problem,

appliance doctor :

have you checked the water valve for the icemaker ?

Customer:

the suppy line?

appliance doctor :

The model you sent me comes up as a dishwasher, is it the correct model number ?

Customer:

how do you check water valve?sorry be right backFDB4315LFC3

appliance doctor :

Does thge water dispenser give water ?

Customer:

YES

appliance doctor :

Did you get the model off the fridge ?

Customer:

PAPER WORK ON THE FRIDGE

appliance doctor :

Like I said it comes up as a dishwasher, get the model off the fridge.

Customer:

FEFL69HCA

appliance doctor :

I will check that model , be back in a few .

appliance doctor :

That model comes up as a stove ,please send me the correct model for the fridge .

Customer:

FRS6LF7JS3 SORRY AGAIN READ OFF FRIDGE

appliance doctor :

Ok, be back in a few.

appliance doctor :

Full Size Image

appliance doctor :

is the arm in the down position ?

Customer:

YES

appliance doctor :

Lift the arm then down again and tell me if you can hear a slight click .

Customer:

YES

Customer:

LOOKS LIKE WATER IS NOT FEEDING INTO ICE MAKER

appliance doctor :

Ok, the water valve number 55 in the breakdown will cause the problem,can you connect 120 volts to the icemaker water valve to see if you get water to the maker ?

Customer:

THIS WILL TAKE SOME TIME TO DO

appliance doctor :

Thats ok, if you get water when hooking up 120 volts to the water valve the problem is with the ice maker .

Customer:

OK SHOULD I JUST LOG OFF OUR TALK

appliance doctor :

You can log off and get back to me when you tried the 120 volts to the valve .

Customer:

OK THANKS

appliance doctor :

A rating of three or more will credit me for helping with the icemaker

John, Home Appliance Technician
John, Home Appliance Technician