Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have an Oasis Top Loading washing machine.There is an error

I have an Oasis Top Loading washing machine.There is an error code of DU displayed. The door is locked and I cannot open it to remove the clothes. I have followed many suggestions (power off wait 30 minutes, pushing a button several times, even looked for a manual release) but nothing has worked to unlock the door. How do I unlock the door?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

So, unfortunately you're not going to be able to just press a couple buttons to unlock the door. The door lock has failed which is what "DU" means. DU stands for door unlock failure. That being said, you'll need to raise the top panel up and hinge it backwards so that you can access the latch from below the top panel for replacement. Below is a video that shows you how to do this.

CLICK HERE

Please Don't Forget the deposit you placed to ask the question is not used to compensate me until you rate my service! Please Remember that when you are asked to give a rating, you are rating My Service and not this website itself or the problem of your appliance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. The video showed me the method to open the top. I didn't need to know how to replace the lid lock mechanism. That was interesting but I think we are going to buy a new washer at this point. My wife has not been satisfied with this model for some time. So this is just the excuse we need to replace the whole washer. Thanks again. Her clothes have been saved and I didn't need to take a hammer to it.

Alright, well I'm glad I was of some help. If you need anything else, please just let me know.