Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Whirlpool duet sport Mod WGD8300SW1 that is not

I have a Whirlpool duet...
I have a Whirlpool duet sport Mod WGD8300SW1 that is not functioning,. We power it on and press start ans the sensing light come and the the LED starts flashing F-01 and doesn't do any thing else.

Some where I saw it was some kind of main controller that seemed to be rather expensive, I am hoping it is just a sensor somewhere please give as much help if it is a expensive part mayybe find a used one online ?? Lots of doc please
1/1/2013
gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Hi there and thank you for choosing this service. the error indicates that your main control board has failed. if you'd like i can provide you with the part number? just let me know.
Yes plese ad direction for replacing and there is no doubt that is the issue? Possibly a place to get the uint used or at a reasonably price ??

www.repairclinic.com has is for a pretty good price, here is the part number and also a diagram. just remove the top panel to access the board. part Number W10111606. it is going to be number 46 on the diagram. let me know if you have another questions, if you do not then please rate me with positive ratings before you go. thank you and happy new year!!

The price is $234,95. if you purchase it at www.repairclinic.com thanks again.

I did a search on google and found it pretty cheap. Are you that this is the issue or could there be another part causing the controller to die and could you get me a service manual for the dryer and washer please.

I hate to spend the money and replace the part and have it cause the same problems ??

The only thing that can cause the board to fail would be a power surge or glitch through the electrical lines that you may taken place without you noticing. i am sorry but i cannot locate a service manual for this model. you can try to get one at www.searspartsdirect.com. i hope that i have been helpful. please rate me before you go.

Just one more quick question, I bought it best buy and got the 5 year protection than out a couple of months ago.

I was wondering if you knew of any companies that might sell a protection or maintenance plan ??

I am sorry but i do not know of any. did you try getting it from repairclinic.com? they offer a 100% money back guarantee. on all of their parts.

Well, I ordered the part and it should be here tomorrow shipping cost quite a bit, but what I'd like to know is I assume the F- and then 01 was a diagnostic code that indicated the control board.

Can you provide me the full list of diagnostic codes and related parts that would need to be replaced. This is going to be at least a about a $210. The washer and dryer set is only 5 or 6 years old and I would like to be able to keep them up and try to get another 5 or more years out of them ??

you can make this another question, just reply with the option asking another question.

Thanks,

Chuck B.

Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

I see gst85 has opted out

I will try to assist you .

Yes the F-1 code is only caused by the control going bad .

The control senses that components on the control board when it does a self check has failed ,then it give the code .

As for the other codes if you remove the bottom front panel the 16 page appliance technical sheet is mounted on the inside the front panel

It will show you all the fault codes this unit has and tells you how to trest for each code and what component can cause the code

Master Tech

Can I ask you a few more quick question ?? Can you tell by the model number when it was manufactured ??

Sear Parts direct had the price on the control board but the expedited shipping was very expensive.

I would like to get another 5 years out of it,and I had an over temperature replaced because an area in the venting was plugged up with dust.

My question would be would there be any other parts that are known or would be likely to fail in the hopes of keeping both the washer and dryer going and working well for another 5 years or so.

There might be product alerts that you might have access too ??

I just need to either keep these going or budget to get a new set at some point.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Manufacture date is the first four digits of the serial number !

Sear only warranties the part for 90 days and on electrical parts one it is installed it is yours .

Normally the F-01 is faulty control components , some times power fluxuations can damage the controls too .

outlets if not properly polarized and grounded can also damage the controls.

I do have access to product reports , but their are noe for your issue.

Thanks.

Master Tech
Master Tech