Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a maytag sidebyside refrigerator that is not making

I have a maytag sidebyside refrigerator that is not making Ice.
It does give water, but no cubes are being made and held in the bin.
I have checked the water line for obstruction and it is not kinked.
model msd2351hew
Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely XXXXX XXXXX was).
.
.
Looking at the icemaker itself, there are fingers that remove the ice to the bin. how far above the ice mold are they right now?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are those the triangle pieces...they are frozen in the ice
perhaps they are an 1/8 inch above ice
The is hanging down in its proper position
Yes that is it, your module has gone bad on the front of the ice maker, it is a real easy fix,
You only have toremove the front cover and remove 3 screws and swap out the module, it is part number W10190935,

You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

.

.

Control Module W10190935 Main Product View

.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating. . .

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

.

May you have a Happy New Year to you and your Family!Laughing

.

.

.