Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

washer model fav6800aww starts and stops will not wash or drain

washer model fav6800aww starts and stops will not wash or drain replaced drain pump and control board

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, is the door locking when you start this ? does any water enter the machine ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes water is starting door seams to be locked light shows it is however one side seams to be loose not as secure as other

okay thats the issue, there are two door locks. one left and one right. which one seems loose ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

left side

okay replace the left side door lock. Door Lock 25001048        Alternate Product View Manufacturer Number 25001048 I would check around fo the best price on line. they can vary a lot. hope this help, thanks , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you I am still having issues the unit will not advance threw cycles

is the door locking correctly now ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes it locks unit starts wash but will not advance to rinse just stays in wash cycle can stop cycle reset and try a spin cycle it will not start and the door locks will not release can unplug unit get door open reset locks and then can make new cycle start but it will not advance from that

I'm baffled, you replaced this control correct ? I'll opt out maybe someone else knows.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes i did i replaced both the board and drain pump tested then replaced door locks after talking to you

Hello my name is Chas. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. First, we will need to troubleshoot your issue as there is most likely not a quick fix. Please do not to rate until our conversation is finished, you can reply to me any time even after rating by clicking on reply to expert. Please also note, some issues require parts to be replaced which is out of my control (though I sincerely wish it was).

.

.

Do you still need help????

..

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
not sure out of town for a few more weeks unit still not running threw cycles
Let me know when you want to work on it, I am pretty good on this machine...